This Is the President is a story-driven management game. In the year 2020, you are elected to be the President of the United States of America. To avoid responsibility for your previous actions as a sleazy multi-millionaire businessman, you need to adopt Amendment 28 which would offer permanent immunity to any President.
Manage your official and unofficial personnel like a genuine mafioso to cope with all the old difficulties you’ve had in the past, as well as the flashy new ones that come with the office. You’ll struggle with your rivals, the establishment, the media, and even foreign leaders.
In this political thriller-satire combination, the player’s decisions will inescapably lead to events that grow into ludicrous, horrifying, sad, and even comical situations.
But the path to permanent immunity is full with traps, and you’ll need to remember to clean up the everyday messes that emerge. Some would even term these diversions “presidential duties”. There’s just one way out. Change the fabric of the Constitution of the United States by convincing, blackmailing, bribing, and intimidating a substantial section of the political system into providing you everlasting immunity.
- Take care of your approval rating, your finances, and your staff in a way that no other US President has done; do whatever it takes to remain on top of your administration.
- Deliver public addresses, write executive orders, handle day-to-day problems, preside over news conferences, and tweet more effectively than any other President.
- Engage the services of a group consisting of assassins, hackers, lobbyists, and any other professionals you can find. Put them in potentially life-threatening situations that can be resolved by legitimate methods. If that doesn’t work, you may send them on risky missions that can be solved by unethical methods.
- Participate in an engaging interactive tale that offers a broad range of options and several paths the story may go. Will you be able to conclude your time on your own terms, or are you only a pawn in a larger game?
- Rule the nation with a shadow cabinet that is feared and revered on a worldwide basis in the same manner that a real gangster would.